I told a friend, who is a garage sale expert, that I was looking for a foot-stool. And a week or so later, he gave me this one (thanks, Uncle Bob).
Last night I got everything together to recover the foot stool. I planned to recover it with denim, that I had in my stash (don’t you just love stashes). I had some foam left over from a previous project. I borrowed a staple gun from my sister. I started the process at 7:45pm.
First, I took the wood base/legs off and found that one of the four screws was missing. And then I began to remove the staples, always my “favorite” part of any project.
54 staples later and the fabric and what was foam came off. The foam was so old it was disintegrating at the touch.
I used the original board base, and cut new foam to fit it. I used 2 layers of foam, I wanted it to be thicker.
And then I cut the denim, again I doubled the fabric, so it was a little sturdier. I layered the denim, the foam, and then the wood base. And began to stretch the fabric around the foam, stapling it to the base.
Then the extra fabric was trimmed away, and the leg base screwed back on (I still need to find another screw). And at 8:45pm, it was completed.
It’s plain, but I like it, and it is more comfortable under my feet now that the foam is replaced. Eventually I want to recover my rocking chair with denim fabric also. But that’s for another day…
sharing with Masterpiece Monday, Made By You Monday, Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, In the Studio-Sneek Peek Friday, Creative Friday, Fiber Arts Friday, Fibers on Friday, F O Friday, Friday Fiber Arts, Show Your Stuff