Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.
We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to run when we were kids.
On Fridays we write with gusto, unselfconscious and flat out.
What can you write in five minutes flat?
~ Opportunity ~
I’m thankful for the opportunities I’ve had ~
- the opportunity to work in my family’s business and then have to help close it down
- the opportunity to be a wife and a step-mother, even though the relationship didn’t last, I’m thankful for those times and for the continued relationship with “my kids”
- the opportunity to be raised in a family that loved and honored God in their everyday life
- the opportunity to teach 2-3 year old in Bible Story Time at our church
- the opportunity to downsize from a full house ~ to living with my parents ~ to living in a 24′ trailer with a shed
- the opportunity to be part of a large extended family that loves each other and regularly gets-together
Sometimes the opportunities we receive are not quite what they originally appear, but if we “in everything give thanks”, God will work them out to be a blessing.