I have taken the challenge to memorize the book of Colossians this year in addition to the verses given each week at Bible Study. I haven’t intentionally memorized anything (except phone numbers) in a long time – so it has been a challenge to get going on this. But so far I’ve been able to keep up with both…
- Week 1 – Colossians 1:1-2, 2 Timothy 2:3-4
- Week 2 – Colossians 1:3-4, Joshua 1:9
- Week 3 – Colossians 1:5-6, Psalms 19:14
- Week 4 – Colossians 1:7-8, James 5:16
This week – Colossians 1:9-10, 1 John 5:14-15
As I begin to study the verses in Colossians this week – I am challenged by them.
“For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;”
These are the questions I am asking myself…
- Am I filled with the knowledge of his will?
- Am I walking worthy of the Lord?
- Am I being fruitful in every good work?
- Am I increasing in my knowledge of God?
So if I am filled with the knowledge of His will, I will know what I need to do to walk worth of Him. If I am walking worth of Him, then I am being fruitful in EVERY good work (not just the easy ones). And the more fruitful I am, the more I will increase my knowledge – and the circle continues…
Lord – Search me, know my heart, try me, know my thoughts, lead me in your paths – my desire is to walk worthy. Psalms 139:23